Board Of Directors
Co-Founder and Board President
Patronus: Naked mole rat
Favorite color: Orange
Favorite food: Green tea
Super power: Skipping stones on water
Bucket list item: Watch “Return Of the Jedi” on a plasma screen in a yurt in Mongolia
- Keith Bacon
- Susan Markowitz
- Philip Schneider
Social Media Officer
Deadline: Open Until Filled
We’re searching for Social Media Officers to join the existing Social Media Team within our Marketing Department. Reporting to the Marketing Co-Manager (Social Media), the Social Media Officers are responsible for maintaining Random Acts’ presence and reputation in the social media world, as well as facilitating communications on the social media accounts they are responsible for.
Although professional experience using Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook is essential, we’d love for our applicants to be passionate about some of our slightly less well known channels too. So if you’re passionate about Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, and the many other social media channels out there, then we want you!
When applying for this role, you must complete the task application for the first stage of the recruitment process. You will be receiving an email with further instructions once the task application has been submitted.
This role requires remote-working, so no specific location is required. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization. Please refer to the job description before applying for this volunteer role.
- 1–3 years of experience in marketing, PR, communications,or social media
- Professional experience in using social media as a public relations tool
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including staff, supporters,and the public
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team, and the ability to manage tasks or projects from implementation through to completion
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to multitask effectively
- Flexibility concerning work schedule to accommodate evening and weekend meetings
- Certificate or equivalentin marketing, PR, communications, social media or related field