At Random Acts, we value each and every contribution to our organization. The support we receive from our partners and other businesses is invaluable. As you probably heard, Random Acts hosted an online auction this year July 16-24. This auction was launched to raise funds to assist in furthering our Food Equity initiative this year. All donations will go to the general fund where we can support large and small kindness acts. While totals raised through our auction are ongoing, as of the writing of this post over $20,000 has been raised. This is remarkable! Thanks to supporters like you and the contributors below!
This post is dedicated to the small businesses and creative individuals who generously donated products or created items for the online auction.
Made With Love
Lots of creative individuals so kindly provided items for various baskets showcasing their many talents. We received some beautiful works of art from some incredible individuals:
- Caitlin Coughlin designed and created a wonderful bedazzled SPN Banner and two patches, which she generously donated
- Some gorgeous homemade bookmarks by Kathie Wozniak
- A Beehive linocut and an aquatint etching of “Merlin’s room” designed and created by Jacqui Fortnum
- A blue flower original artwork piece by Lisa Apley Dingman
- A charming one-of-a-kind Jensen Ackles oil painting created by Catherine Curl.
- Molly Lane donated the lovely painted china
- Donated by Paulina Fangel and Scout Villegas is the opportunity to have a personalized character drawing completed by Scout
Jewelry for the Making
Making something from the heart comes in many forms. We also received donations of the following magnificent homemade jewelry:
- Sarah Green created some incredible wooden Random Acts logo necklaces, and you can check out more of her homemade jewelry from her online store Phoenix Feather Curios
- Bailey Jackson created and designed a pair of earrings and two beautiful acrylic paintings
- Betsi Newbury created beaded jewelry bracelets and acrylic pour necklaces
- Our very own Internal Communications Assistant Manager Bea Arbeiter created a beautiful pair of bear earrings and a “Be Kind to yourself” handmade mug. You can see more of her incredible designs and homemade items through her online store Handmade by Bee Crafts
More Than Volunteers
As we are sure you are aware, Random Acts is fully staffed by volunteers, all of whom have a personal passion for cultivating and supporting our communities. We believe vastly in the power of individuals working together to enact positive change locally and globally. We are also proud of the creativity of our staff, some of whom very generously donated items to our auction:
- Susan Mickelson created a basket full of homemade chocolates perfect for either self-care or a date night (your choice!) This included a dozen handmade truffles of different incredible favors and combinations.
- Keleigh Anders presented the opportunity to receive a professional long distance Henna Package through her company Henna by Keleigh
- Iliana Habib offered the opportunity to have a personalized painting of your dog created
- Bea Arbeiter donated made with love items to our self-care and glamour baskets
- Samara Cogan provided multiple items for our fandom basket and a cookbook for the cooking with love basket
- Holli DeWees donated items for our cooking and fandom baskets
- Monique Lowe donated items to our fandom basket and the SPN Set Book
- Bev Burrows-Pym offered an opportunity to have an online Australian Sign Language course (AUSLAN).
Small Business Donations
Random Acts would like to take this opportunity to thank the small businesses who generously donated to our online auction. The Second Annual Random Acts Auction would not have been possible without their continued support. There were many notable donations received:
- Little Fox Apothecary donated an amethyst crystal, soy candle, healing lip balm, and pillow/room lavender-scented spray
- Independent consultant Kimberly Strevig donated multiple Pampered Chef products
- Shelvi McFadden from Twisted Sista with Flava donated many flavored extracts
- Baloo donated a sleep mask with a smooth amethyst crystal that tucks in to go over your third eye chakra
- Storiarts created and donated fingerless writing gloves with a section of Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven”
- Yo Soy Candle donated a Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro Candle
- More candles and wax melts created and donated by Wendy Newton from Angel Grace Candle Co.
- Jordandené donated a $100 gift card
- An Art Supply Warehouse gift card worth $50 was donated
- Lily’s Kitchen kindly donated pet treats
- Quility considerately provided two weighted blankets for the auction
- Collinsville BBQ provided an apron and towel.
All these individual donations combined had a huge impact on the auction total overall, and we as an organization could not be more grateful.