Random Acts is committed to helping eradicate hunger around the globe, and we are doing so by effecting change, one community at a time. On May 4 from 11am – 6pm, you can find us in Virginia to sponsor a #RANoHungryChild Food Drive at Caroline Recreational Park in Milford – and we want to see you there!
Songs and Smiles
What can you expect at this food drive? A little bit of everything! We have games and activities planned, as well as a bounce house, face painting, and planting some seeds. You can also donate to receive tickets for a raffle, with prizes provided by local businesses. Come find Regional Representative US-South East April Vian at the Random Acts booth!
But that is not all we have in store. We here at Random Acts love to jam, and nobody puts on a show quite like our friend Jason Manns. He will be headlining the live music event. Jason has been a long time supporter of Random Acts. From recording “A Change is Gonna Come” with Justin Guarini to benefit Jacmel Children’s Center (which he visited with other volunteers in 2013) to helping us pack up and haul hundreds of donated items at the Supernatural convention in Vegas a few weeks ago, he never fails to lend a helping hand. Jason was also one of the tenacious runners for our Bad Idea Tour, which raised funds for this specific cause. He reached out to Random Acts with the idea for this food drive to take place in his hometown, and we are so happy to help him put it on!
Bottles and Cans, Just Clap Your Hands
Entry to this event will cost you a few non-perishable food items, all of which will be given to the Caroline County Department of Social Services food pantry. They are the only food pantry serving the Caroline County area Monday through Friday. On average they receive around 189 requests for emergency food per month. Their food stock is getting pretty low, and we are hoping to help the local community by filling it to capacity. If you are going to be in the Milford area, we really hope you stop by, rock out, and help us in our efforts to end childhood hunger! Check out the list below for the most needed items:
- Proteins – canned tuna, canned chicken, other canned meats, nut butters such as peanut butter, beans (canned and dry)
- Cans of fruit – packed in juice is best
- Canned vegetables – low sodium is best
- Canned meals – soups, stews, chili, pasta meals such as Spaghetti O’s
- Sides – shelf stable or dried mashed potatoes, rice, beans, stuffing, pasta sides
- Pasta and other pasta sauces
- Quick cooking oats
- Cold cereals – low sugar is best
- Milk, cheese and shelf stable milk products such as powdered milk
- Frozen vegetables
- Ready to eat meats and meats that can be frozen – hot dogs, bologna, smaller packs of fresh meats, individually packed and frozen chicken breasts
- Crackers and popcorn
- Granola bars
- Baby food and formula, diapers, powder, etc.