We know that sometimes, our supporters are inspired to make the world a bit more kind – but aren’t sure about the next steps. What’s the best way to help? What should I be doing? The new #GetKind program is here to help! Each month, we will have a new theme to inspire your kindness quotient. Please use the hashtag #GetKind so we can share these great ideas, all year long!
The Random Acts team was impressed with your #GetKind ideas for last month’s theme — hunger. Whether assisting a shelter or food pantry, donating canned goods, or planting food that will grow in the next few months, you all made a difference in your community by participating.
But with the new month comes a new challenge — and this month, the Random Acts team wants you to think about how we can help our furry and winged friends. Some ideas to get started:
- Go for a walk – and take a dog with you.
- Offer to walk dogs or play with cats at a local animal shelter.
- Get the word out about adoptable pets in your area. Take photos and share them with local newspapers and pet advocacy groups or share them with your own friends who are looking for a new friend. Or use social media to get the word out!
- Pick up a bag of food at your supermarket and drop it at your local shelter.
- Ask you local shelter if they need help planning special events, like a fundraiser, a “Spay Day” or adoption event.
- Plant wildlife-friendly plants in your garden and create a friendly place for winged visitors.
- Do you neighbors need help with their pets? Offer to walk them each afternoon, brush their dog, or change a litter box and help both pet and owner.
There are so many ways to help animals! Let us know your great ideas. Need more inspiration? Check out the Random Acts forums. You can contact the Regional Representatives, find areas of the forum dedicated to your region, and view proposals and requests for help.
How do you #GetKind? Check out our social media channels and tell us about your plans.