The Random Acts team is pleased to announce a new initiative! We know that sometimes, our supporters are inspired to make the world a bit more kind – but aren’t sure about the next steps. What’s the best way to help? What should I be doing to help others?
The new #GetKind program is here to help! Each month, we will have a new theme to inspire your kindness quotient. Please use the hashtag #GetKind so we can share these great ideas, all year long!
Our first month’s theme is hunger. Think about your local community – what do the people around you need? How can your community be helped? You are part of what makes your hometown wonderful! Random Acts has come up with a few ideas to get you started:
- Support your community garden program.
- Provide food and shelter for feral and stray cats. Donate food, funds, or time to a local animal shelter. Adopt and provide a loving home to an animal in need.
- Put food out for squirrels and birds. They get hungry too!
- Consider hosting a hunger banquet for your school or community organization – it’s a great way to learn about the global problem of hunger.
- Make or donate food to a homeless shelter. (Be sure to check with the shelter first to make sure they can accept home-crafted food.)
- Make a homeless care pack for under $20:
- Volunteer to help with palliative care for those who cannot feed themselves at hospices, hospitals, and Long Term Care facilities.
- When you run into Buy One, Get One promotions, donate the ‘free’ item to a food bank or a person in need.
- Think about what else people feel hungry for. Companionship? Gratitude? A kind word or a ‘thank you’ can help fill that void.
How do you #GetKind? Check out our social media channels and let us know!