What better way to wrap up another fantastic year of conventions than by spending it in sunny Florida for #SPNJAX? It might not be “sand between our toes” weather (or maybe it is? we don’t judge) but it’s sure to be a great time. Fans will convene at the lovely Hyatt Regency Jacksonville this weekend to meet their favorite Supernatural stars, reunite with friends, and help support our local partner organization, Youth Crisis Center.
About Youth Crisis Center
Youth Crisis Center started in 1974 as a program for Florida runaways. Today, they are one of the largest and best-known providers of services and support for families facing divorce, homelessness, relocation, loss of life, and abuse. YCC services include short term crisis care, mental health counseling, skills-based group training, and transitional living services program for children, teens, young adults, and their families.
How You Can Help
Random Acts will be collecting items from Youth Crisis Center’s wish list during the convention. You may bring any of the following supplies to the Random Acts table throughout the weekend. Monetary donations will also be collected.
- Dove bar body soap or body wash
- Jergens lotion
- V05 shampoo
- V05 conditioner
- White stick deodorant (male & female) – travel size
- Toothpaste – travel size
- Overnight female pads
- White washcloths
- Pillow cases
- White socks (boys and girls) – S, M, L
- White underwear (boys, girls, men’s, women’s) – S, M, L, XL
- Sports bras – S, M, L, XL
- Closed toed shoes (boys, girls, men’s, women’s) – ages 10 – 17
- Wide tooth combs & brushes
- Young adult business clothes (Women sizes 14 – 8, Men sizes 32 – 46)
- blouses, dresses, ties, belts khaki pants, suits
- Hair gel & hair grease
- Backpacks with school supplies for youth to take home when they are discharged (and/or) Supplies for our school classrooms on campus
- Pens, pencils, crayons, folders, binders, notebooks, notebook paper, composition books, glue sticks
If You Won’t Be at #SPNJAX
You can still help! Youth Crisis Center gratefully accepts monetary donations on their website, or you can donate to a similar organization in your area. And we always have something up our sleeves where kindness is concerned! Be sure to follow us on our social channels to stay in the loop. (Hint: Be on the lookout for a certain #holidaykindness challenge!)
Stay warm, and stay kind!