Have you ever wanted to win an exclusive (and quite frankly adorable) piggy bank, with a stunning Supernatural-inspired design, signed by Misha Collins, Jensen Ackles, and Jared Padalecki? Of course you have, you just might not have realized it before!
You may have seen us tease you with this announcement when Supernatural returned after its winter hiatus (you haven’t? Get over here and look how cute this teaser is), and now you can find out what you need to do in order to win this one-of-a-kind little piggy.
How to play
Oh good, we have your attention! We need your help to fight hunger around the world. You might have already taken part in our January #GetKind hunger theme (in which case we love you), but we’re also going to try to #FeedThePig too.
Your aim is to earn as many points as possible. The person at the end of this contest with the most points will be declared the winner. So, how do you earn points? There are two main ways:
1. Each week, after a new episode of Supernatural airs, we will release a trivia quiz. You will get 2 points for each correct answer, for a maximum total of 10 points that week.
2. You can donate to Hamish’s Crowdrise page. Every donation during the week after a new episode of Supernatural, regardless of amount, will be worth 5 points, up to a maximum total of 10 points that week. (You can always donate more times, and during non-playable weeks, but you won’t earn points from those donations. Just our love.)
There will be a third (super secret and special) way that you can earn points in the final week. You can now read more about that below.
So what do we actually win?
Our undying love and gratitude? That’s not enough? Oh okay, you also win (insert drum roll) Hamish the Pig! Yes, his name is Hamish. This one-of-a-kind piggy bank has a Supernatural-inspired design, and is signed by Misha Collins (Castiel), Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester), and Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester).
Cute, right? We’re keeping the entire design as a wonderful surprise for our winner, but we can guarantee that it’s awesome. You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity.
What happens to the money raised?
We’re going to equally split the net amount of the money: half of it will go towards Random Acts, and half will go towards the Jacmel Children’s Center in order to provide meals for the amazing children there.
Please note that there will be a fee associated with running this contest through Crowdrise, and this will be deducted before we split the money.
Okay, okay, let me play!
All weeks have now closed! We’re busy scoring and totalling points right now, and we’ll reach out to the winner soon. We’ll then announce who the lucky new owner of Hamish is on the night of the Supernatural finale, May 20, 2014.
Although you can no longer receive any points, you can still donate to Hamish’s Crowdrise page up until the morning of Tuesday May 20 (EDT). Remember, half of the money raised will be going to help feed the children at the Jacmel Children’s Center and the remaining half will be used by Random Acts to help fund acts of kindness around the world. So every little bit really does help!
We know, the rules are the ‘boring’ part, but this is kind of important, so you should definitely give this a read:
1. All decisions made by Random Acts, a division of The Art Department, Inc., are final.
2. A playable “week” is defined as the calendar week following the airing of a new episode of Supernatural in the United States. We will confirm the beginning and end of each week as play progresses. Once each week has ended, you will no longer be able to participate in the questions that were asked that week.
3. There will be ten normal playable weeks, followed by a final ‘special’ playable week. The first playable week will begin with episode 9×11, and the final playable week will begin with episode 9×20.
4. Any times stated are in EST until March 8, 2014. After this date, any times stated will be in EDT (in order to observe Daylight Saving Time). If you are unsure what this will mean in your timezone, please refer to www.thetimenow.com/.
5. Any net monies raised will be split equally between the Random Acts general fund and the Jacmel Children’s Center, in order to provide meals for the children. It is important to note that any fees related to running this campaign will be deducted first, and then the remaining monies will be divided equally between Random Acts and the JCC.
6. We will endeavor to announce the winner on the night of the Supernatural season 9 finale. Should there be any issues in announcing or contacting a winner, this may cause a delay.
7. Should this contest result in a tie for first place, a tie-breaker round may be introduced. This would only be available to those who are tied for first place. These participants will be contacted by Random Acts and asked to complete the tie-breaker. If any participant does not respond within the timeframe set by Random Acts, then they will be disqualified.
8. If, in trying to contact the winner, we do not receive a response within the timeframe we set, then that participant will be disqualified, and the first runner up will be declared winner. This will continue until a response is received within the stated timeframe.
9. Please note, volunteers and staff for Random Acts are not eligible to win this contest.