Going to the Salute to Supernatural convention in Chicago October 26th? Join us for Tricks for Treats – a Halloween celebration brought to you by Random Acts and our friends at Creation Entertainment.
October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and in honor of those affected we are collecting items for the Connection for Abused Women and their Children Shelter.
CAWC has a long history of service and advocacy for abused women and their children. They provide a shelter for women and children, and counseling, advocacy, and a 24-hour hotline for people affected by domestic violence, and is known throughout Chicago for its emphasis on bi-cultural, bilingual services.
We will be in Chicago collecting items for the Shelter. Come find us:
• Art supplies (like brushes, paint, clay, and colored pencils)
• Transit cards (anything except a 30 day pass)
• Family size toiletries
• Family size laundry detergent
• Diapers (they are especially in need of sizes 4, 5, 6)
• Construction paper, drawing paper, butcher paper
• Household cleaning supplies
• Lotions, shampoos
• New underwear and socks (women and children sizes)
• Grocery store gift cards
• Towels and wash cloths
• NEW backpacks and school supplies (scissors, glue, notebooks, folders, binders, calculators)
• Used cell phones
Please don’t bring used clothing, shoes or toys. Sorry, the Shelter can’t make use of them.
At the convention, stop by the Random Acts table with an item for the shelter, and we will give you a Halloween treat! Or maybe a trick … you’ll have to donate to find out! See you in Chicago!