Button up your flannels and your trenchcoats, folks, because we are on our way to the Windy City! We will be at #SPNCHI – Creation Entertainment’s Salute to Supernatural convention – from April 12-14 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Events Assistant Coordinator Kristen Kress and Regional Representative for U.S. Great Lakes Jean Hayes will be in the vendor room all weekend providing Random Acts swag, blank cards to write kind notes, and collecting donations. Every convention we partner with a local organization, and this year we are once again working with the Heartland Animal Shelter.
About the Heartland Animal Shelter
Founded in 2002 by Dr. Herbert Preiser, DVM, Heartland Animal Shelter works to provide a home for every adoptable animal. It is a no-kill shelter that serves lost, stray, and abandoned animals in the greater Chicago area. Whether they are providing medical attention, behavioral training, or just some TLC, Heartland Animal Shelter works to care for every animal and find them a home so that eventually, euthanasia can be eliminated.
How you Can Help:
Throughout the convention, Random Acts volunteers will be collecting the following items, as well as monetary donations, for the shelter:
- Canned Friskies brand food (no seafood flavors, please)
- Stainless steel litterpans (small)
- Feliway diffuser refills
- Food scales for weighing foster kittens
- Machine washable cat toys (nothing with catnip, please)
- Science Diet Small Bites Dry Food
- Canned dog food
- Extra-small Martingale collars
- Frontline topical treatment and Capstar tablets (all sizes)
- Kong hard rubber toys (small and medium)
- Antibacterial hand soap
- Wild bird seed (our cats love to watch the birds!)
- H.E. laundry detergent
- Paper towels
If you are not attending:
Please visit Heartland Animal Shelter’s website for more information on how you can donate directly to them, or if you live in the area how you can volunteer your time. You can keep up with our shenanigans at #SPNCHI all weekend by following us on Twitter.