Board Of Directors
Regional Representatives (Asia, Canada, United States, Central America, & Brazil)
Deadline: Open until filled.
We’re searching for Regional Representatives to provide support to volunteers in developing project and act proposals, as well as supporting the organization and coordination of events for Random Acts within their specified geographical areas. Regional Representatives will act as a central point of contact for our volunteers and supporters by developing, promoting and facilitating acts via agreed social media forums. Regional Representatives are part of the extended volunteer team, and report in to the Regional Events Officer.
We have Regional Representative vacancies in the following regions:
- Canada (Central, East, & West)
- United States – Central (Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota)
- United States – North East (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut)
- United States – South West (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona)
- United States – North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana)
- Central America
This role requires remote-working. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role. You must include a resume when applying for this position.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the aims and objectives of Random Acts
- Experience of working for charitable causes or community engagement
- Facilitation of online communities
- Ability to deal with volunteers and act participants
- Ability to work under the policies and procedures of Random Acts
- Ability to act as a point of contact for individuals/groups
- Ability to encourage people to perform acts
- Regular access to the internet
- Ability to speak French for Canadian Representatives is a plus
Deadline: Open until filled
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Director of Operations, the Multimedia Manager manages the planning, production, and editing of Random Acts’ multimedia elements, particularly in relation to videos and photographs, and may be required to create videos and/or photographs themselves. The Multimedia Manager also oversees other members of the Multimedia department. The Multimedia Manager supports the implementation of Random Acts’ branding guidelines, and provides support for all members of staff in utilizing the brand. The Multimedia Manager is expected to provide flexibility and cover/support for the rest of the Multimedia Department where required.
- Manage the Multimedia Officers and their workload, ensuring that all media are produced on time and per the relevant Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure our multimedia elements are effective marketing tools, and that they contribute to increasing our supporter reach
- Be proactive and creative in researching and proposing new videos or other multimedia elements, and propose innovative and original multimedia elements to support marketing and communication campaigns
- Work closely with the Multimedia Officers to maximize the effectiveness of media communications
- Provide and manage the appropriate materials in order to ensure that the Multimedia Officers have the tools required to create effective videos, and upload the final version to YouTube ready for the Social Media department to release as per the publicity schedule
- Assist in the creation of videos, where necessary
- Provide any other ad-hoc technical skills to the team that may be relevant
- Project work as required by the Executive Director or Director of Operations
- Keep the Executive Director and the Director of Operations informed of significant problems that jeopardize the well-being of the organization.
- Attend leadership meetings
- Run department meetings for the Multimedia Department
- Any other projects or duties as requested by the Executive Director or Director of Operations.
- Knowledge and experience in using relevant video editing software
- Experience in producing, and managing the production of, videos in order to fulfill creative
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including staff, supporters, and the public
- The ability to communicate effectively, whether verbally, visually, or in writing, as well as
strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team, and the ability to manage tasks or
projects from implementation through to completion
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to multitask
- Flexibility concerning work schedule to accommodate evening and weekend meetings
Preference given for those with a certificate or equivalent in marketing, video editing or
- 1 – 3 years of experience in marketing, or video editing, and a portfolio of relevant work